Terms and Conditions
Our warranty is subject to the following limitations:
- If a product is found defective by Beau Lake, in its sole discretion, Beau Lake’s only responsibility shall be limited to credit, repair, or replacement of the defective product. Beau Lake will not be responsible for any costs, losses, or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product.
- Beau Lake warranties its products with some exceptions, sold by Beau Lake to be free of defects in material or workmanship, for the time period of 3 years from the date of confirmed delivery.
- The warranty applies only to a Beau Lake product purchased directly from Beau Lake or an authorized dealer.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt and must clearly identify Beau Lake or the dealer, date of purchase, and the item.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
- All products submitted to Beau Lake for warranty inspection must have a reference number (return authorization number), which will have been provided by Beau Lake.
- If the product needs to be returned to Beau Lake, the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping products freight prepaid and insured. Beau Lake assumes no responsibility for products damaged during shipment from the customer to our warranty department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
The following are NOT covered for Beau Lake boards:
- Any problem resulting from misuse, abuse, impact, or neglect, including storage and handling of the board
- Cosmetic issues including discoloured graphics, top sheet dents or chips, including excess sun exposure
- Board damage due to excess exposure to sunlight for extended periods of time
- Board damage due to improperly venting your board
- Storing your board in a board bag for extended periods of time
- Storing your board in a bag when the board is wet
- Damage caused by any board modifications
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage from natural causes, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and storms (“Acts of God”)
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship
- All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change, or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Beau Lake
Here’s what IS covered – Boards:
- Lamination failure of top sheet and base as determined by Beau Lake.
- Any manufacturer’s defect as determined by Beau Lake.
Before Submitting a Warranty Claim
Please be sure you can answer "yes" to the following questions:
- Was the product purchased within 3 years of delivery?
- Does the damage appear to be attributable to defective materials or workmanship?
- Does the damage appear NOT to be due to impact, abuse, negligence, or reactions to solvents or harsh detergents?
How to File a Warranty Claim
- Please provide photos of the damaged product.
- Please provide your purchase receipt, invoice, or charge receipt from Beau Lake or authorized dealer that clearly identifies Beau Lake or dealer, date of purchase, and the item.
- Email photos, receipt, and detailed description of the issue to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be contacted within 48 hours and given a case file number while we review the case.
If deemed a legitimate warranty problem, it will be determined whether the board should be sent back for repair or a new board is to be sent out.
All shipping costs for returns or replacement boards shall be the responsibility of the purchaser.